We Are Hiring
This new position of Managing Director has complete business, administrative and operational responsibility for all Royal Palm Players (RPP) performances and programs. The MD is responsible to the RPP Board of Directors, reports to the President of the Board and collaborates with the Board on artistic direction and mission. During season, November through April, a ‘hands-on’ approach is necessary to produce 5-7 well-attended theater events, along with workshops and donor engagement. Off season is spent building the programming, the volunteer base and confirming the contract employees necessary to support the upcoming season, as well as assessing and enhancing all technical, storage, rehearsal space and donor relations systems and practices. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong leadership skills with a passion for the arts. Significant community engagement, as well as the ability to lead and form teams are requirements. The MD participates in community events, which increases awareness of RPP, expands community out-reach and cultivates new donor/sponsor relationships.
Location of position: Your office will be in Boca Grande.
Please note this is a full-time position, and non-local candidates will be expected to relocate.
Salary and benefits: Salary and a full benefits plan, commensurate with experience and the size of our organization.
To apply, please submit:
- Cover Letter
- Three References
Submit Applications to: RPPMDJob@gmail.com
Application deadlines: We are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible. Interested candidates are asked to submit their materials promptly.
Leadership & Management:
- In partnership with the Board, communicate a clear mission and vision for RPP.
- Foster a culture that values teamwork, generous collaboration, clear communication, effective delegation, and mutual support.
- Build a strong base of volunteers onstage, backstage and front of stage through workshops, community outreach and engagement.
- Build and lead production teams that include staff, contract guest artists and volunteers from the community.
- Directly manage and supervise the Box Office/Administrative Assistant and Technical Coordinator.
- Serve as an ex-officio non-voting member of the board of directors, attend all board meetings, contribute to the board meeting agenda, and advise the board on relevant issues.
Operational Program and Policy Management:
- Manage the efficient and effective day to day operations of RPP’s policies, programs, and practices.
- Monitor and facilitate the work of RPP committees and work groups.
- Oversee contracting with external agents, including insurance agreements, leases, rights, and royalty agreements, as well as negotiations with contract professionals.
- Establish evaluation systems and organizational processes to monitor performance and program outcomes with the objective of improving overall impact.
- Ensure that the organization has the technology, information, communications, and systems that it needs to be effective.
- Other duties as assigned.
Financial Planning and Compliance:
- Work with the Treasurer and the Finance Committee to prepare and present for approval the annual budget.
- Monitor the cash flow and provide regular, comprehensive reports to the board on revenues and expenditures.
- Work with the board’s finance committee to assure proper accounting procedures, banking records, payroll, invoices, and information required for the preparation of local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Monitor and work to improve RPP’s standing on charity evaluation sites like Charity Navigator.
Fundraising and Community Engagement:
- Work with the Board to establish and support fundraising goals, including events, grants, fundraisers, business sponsorships, legacy planning, endowment, and prospect research.
- Oversee patron management including database and direct communication with patrons and donors to ensure best practices are in place.
- Seek available grants at the federal, state, and private level.
- Serve as the chief “friend raiser” and ambassador to RPP patrons and all members of the Boca Grande community.
Communications and Marketing:
- Build a strong and unified brand image across all communication vehicles – brochure, posters, advertising, website, Constant Contact, publicity, and external relations.
- Attend all RPP performances as well as other community events and act as an official spokesperson for the organization.
- Work with the board liaison to oversee the development and production of marketing materials.
A Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit administration, or equivalent work.
5-7 years of experience in a non-profit organization. Arts or theatrical organizations preferred.
Proven leadership and management ability in a complex environment.
Must possess excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
Will have a solid knowledge of marketing, accounting, budgeting, programming, and fiscal management.
Has successfully written grants, cultivated new donors and sponsors, created fundraising events, and participated in other fundraising activities.
Will have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in fast paced environments with a wide range of stake holders.
Flexibility and the ability to work independently are key attributes, as is being willing to roll up their sleeves as needed.
Analytical and technical skills including familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, QuickBooks online, basic design programs and virtual programming.
Flexible to work evenings and weekends, as needed, in support of membership, community outreach, performances, and donor events.
Royal Palm Players is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, contractors, volunteers, patrons, and our community.